Aretha Franklin Cancels Upcoming Shows Due To Health Troubles
Aretha Franklin, the legendary diva and soul singer, has been encouraged by her doctors to cancel upcoming appearances due to her persistent health issues.
The singer, 71, has been forced to cancel at least two of her upcoming scheduled performances “due to her doctor’s recommendation for treatment,” reads a a statement on her Facebook page.
On May 20, Franklin was scheduled to perform at Members of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra to celebrate the 24th Annual Corporate Night. In her absence, Janelle Monae will take the stage. Later on in May, Franklin was to perform at the Foxwoods Casino in Massachusetts, but will be canceling that appearance as well.
Back in 2010, Franklin announced that her health required her to take an indefinite break from the stage for an undisclosed illness that left the icon in unbearable pain. The illness troubling her now has not been made public either.
Franklin performed via satellite on ‘American Idol’ last night with the season’s top five female competitors. Watch the video below:
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- Simon Cowell Walks His Two Dogs Shirtless
- Rose McIver Films 'Petals On The Wind'Â™ With Heather Graham, Ellen Burstyn
Most Popular Videos
Scarlett Johansson And Joseph Gordon-Levitt On 'Don Jon,' Sex Scenes
Wong Kar-wai Video Interview On 'The Grandmaster'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Daytona 500 Winner Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
June Squibb On 'Nebraska,' Bruce Dern, Alexander Payne, Her Oscar Nomination
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango