Aretha Franklin Cancels Upcoming Shows Due To Health Troubles
Aretha Franklin, the legendary diva and soul singer, has been encouraged by her doctors to cancel upcoming appearances due to her persistent health issues.
The singer, 71, has been forced to cancel at least two of her upcoming scheduled performances “due to her doctor’s recommendation for treatment,” reads a a statement on her Facebook page.
On May 20, Franklin was scheduled to perform at Members of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra to celebrate the 24th Annual Corporate Night. In her absence, Janelle Monae will take the stage. Later on in May, Franklin was to perform at the Foxwoods Casino in Massachusetts, but will be canceling that appearance as well.
Back in 2010, Franklin announced that her health required her to take an indefinite break from the stage for an undisclosed illness that left the icon in unbearable pain. The illness troubling her now has not been made public either.
Franklin performed via satellite on ‘American Idol’ last night with the season’s top five female competitors. Watch the video below:
Most Popular News
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Lourdes Leon Hits The Beach In A Bikini
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- 'War Machine' Jon Koppenhaver, Goes On Twitter Rant Following Alleged Beating Of Girlfriend, Christy Mack
- Tony Stewart Crash Update: New Video Surfaces Of Wreck That Killed Kevin Ward Jr.
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen