Anne Hathaway: I Have 'Trust Issues'
Anne Hathaway may have the worst ex-boyfriend of all time: convicted Italian con man, Rafaello Follieri betrayed not only the actress, but also the law when he misappropriated over $50 million from the Pope himself.
But Hathaway, 27, is ready to move on from all that. “Gosh, I hate talking about the breakup, because I don’t want it to define me, but as is to be expected, there were a lot of lingering trust issues," she said of the relationship in this month's Vogue. But she's eager to laugh about it instead of rehashing past troubles. Asked what her deal breakers were when it comes to men, she quipped, "Uh . . . fraud?”
Still, it wasn't easy for her to learn to trust again. The actress admits she's had to become more careful. "It takes a minute for me to let my guard down, but once I do and I get to know someone, I’m very open, very trusting," she said. "Some might say too trusting, because considering the amount of money that can be made from selling gossip, I could be very easily taken advantage of.”
Luckily, acting in her latest movie Love And Other Drugs provided the perfect outlet to let loose again. “I think that making a film about trust that required a great deal of trust," she said. "It was a challenge to get there." Especially hard were the nude scenes, which she described as crucial to defining the characters she and co-star Jake Gyllenhaal play. “These are people who have no trouble taking their clothes off,” she said. “But they’re terrified of exposing their vulnerability, of becoming emotionally naked.” Filming took a great deal out of her. “I was a wreck from start to finish,” she said. “I think I cried every single day. I had to lean so much more heavily on everyone around me than I’m used to. I’m used to pulling my own weight. But I totally fell apart.”
Now, Hathaway has not only a flourishing career, but a new man: actor Adam Shulman, 29. “We hit it off immediately, but it took us a pretty long time to get together,” she said. “He thought that I had a boyfriend, and I thought that he had a girlfriend, so I thought that I’d better keep my distance because I didn’t want to be that girl.” They figured it out soon enough. “Things sped up a bit," she said. "And I think I’ll leave it at that.” –AMY LEE
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV