Angie Harmon Says She's A 'Liberal Republican'
Angie Harmon, star of TNT’s Rizzoli & Isles, revealed her status as a “liberal republican” in the September issue of More magazine.
“I’m a liberal republican…we actually exist. Call it naïveté or stupidity, but I didn’t know that unless you are a Democrat, you aren’t allowed to talk politics in Hollywood,” Harmon told the magazine, on stands Aug 27.
Harmon, who has three children with husband Jason Sehorn, didn’t shy away from expressing her liberal Republican views in the magazine. She spoke in support of therapy and gay rights.
“Whether we’re gay or straight, it doesn’t matter. We’re all women. We all have the same wonderful situations happening to us, the same horrific situations. We all get our hearts broken,” she said.
The former model is working on the fourth season of detective show Rizzoli & Isles, which was recently picked up for a fifth season.
The procedural drama has been in the news recently following the death of co-star Lee Thompson Young, who committed suicide Aug 19.
Rizzoli & Isles airs Tuesdays at 9 P.M. on TNT.
– Olivia Truffaut-Wong
More on Angie Harmon:
Most Popular News
- Why Sia Doesn't Show Her Face
- 2014 Emmy Nominations: 'Game Of Thrones' Leads The Nominations; Netflix Series Recognized
- Shooting Range Instructor Accidentally Killed By 9-Year-Old With Uzi [VIDEO]
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Tony Stewart Crash Update: New Video Surfaces Of Wreck That Killed Kevin Ward Jr.
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen