Angie Harmon Says She's A 'Liberal Republican'
Angie Harmon, star of TNT’s Rizzoli & Isles, revealed her status as a “liberal republican” in the September issue of More magazine.
“I’m a liberal republican…we actually exist. Call it naïveté or stupidity, but I didn’t know that unless you are a Democrat, you aren’t allowed to talk politics in Hollywood,” Harmon told the magazine, on stands Aug 27.
Harmon, who has three children with husband Jason Sehorn, didn’t shy away from expressing her liberal Republican views in the magazine. She spoke in support of therapy and gay rights.
“Whether we’re gay or straight, it doesn’t matter. We’re all women. We all have the same wonderful situations happening to us, the same horrific situations. We all get our hearts broken,” she said.
The former model is working on the fourth season of detective show Rizzoli & Isles, which was recently picked up for a fifth season.
The procedural drama has been in the news recently following the death of co-star Lee Thompson Young, who committed suicide Aug 19.
Rizzoli & Isles airs Tuesdays at 9 P.M. on TNT.
– Olivia Truffaut-Wong
More on Angie Harmon:
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- 'Grey'Â™s Anatomy': Season 11 Spoilers From Shonda Rhimes
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
- Pat Summerall, Iconic NFL Announcer, Dies At 82
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana