Andy Rooney Hospitalized
Barely three weeks after he delivered his final essay on 60 Minutes, Emmy-winning TV personality Andy Rooney, 92, was hospitalized Tuesday after complications due to surgery, Fox News reports. Rooney's condition was stable but, at the request of his family, no other information about why he was hospitalized was given.
Rooney was on 60 Minutes since 1978 and would wrap up the show with a segment called "A Few Minutes with Andy Rooney." On October 2 of this year he delivered his last essay — his 1,097th — and expressed dread at his long run ending. "I wish I could do this forever. I can't, though," he said.
Watch a clip from Rooney's final essay here:
Most Popular News
- Mimi Faust Releases Sex Tape With 'Love & Hip Hop Atlanta' Boyfriend Nikko Smith
- Megan Fox Films 'Ninja Turtles' Movie
- Maggie Q's Barely-There 'Divergent' Premiere Dress Causes Stir
- Saoirse Ronan Films 'Brooklyn'
- 'Game Of Thrones' Spoilers: More Deaths? What's In Store For Joffrey & Margaery's Wedding
Most Popular Videos
Scarlett Johansson And Joseph Gordon-Levitt On 'Don Jon,' Sex Scenes
Jason Schwartzman On 'The Grand Budapest Hotel,' Wes Anderson, Jeff Goldblum
Matt Bomer & Marisa Coughlan On 'Space Station 76,' SXSW
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Dave Barry On 'You Can Date Boys When You Are Forty,' Justin Bieber