Andy Rooney Hospitalized
Barely three weeks after he delivered his final essay on 60 Minutes, Emmy-winning TV personality Andy Rooney, 92, was hospitalized Tuesday after complications due to surgery, Fox News reports. Rooney's condition was stable but, at the request of his family, no other information about why he was hospitalized was given.
Rooney was on 60 Minutes since 1978 and would wrap up the show with a segment called "A Few Minutes with Andy Rooney." On October 2 of this year he delivered his last essay — his 1,097th — and expressed dread at his long run ending. "I wish I could do this forever. I can't, though," he said.
Watch a clip from Rooney's final essay here:
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Lisa Kudrow Ordered To Pay Former Manager Scott Howard $1.6 Million In Lawsuit
- April Fool's Day Tweets: Best Celeb Pranksters Hit Twitter
- ‘NSYNC Reunites At 2013 MTV Video Music Awards With Justin Timberlake [VIDEO]
- Howard Stern Delivers Eulogy At Joan Rivers' Funeral, Starts With Dirty Joke
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Brenton Thwaites & Odeya Rush On 'The Giver,' Taylor Swift, Meryl Streep, Jeff Bridges