Andy Rooney Hospitalized
Barely three weeks after he delivered his final essay on 60 Minutes, Emmy-winning TV personality Andy Rooney, 92, was hospitalized Tuesday after complications due to surgery, Fox News reports. Rooney's condition was stable but, at the request of his family, no other information about why he was hospitalized was given.
Rooney was on 60 Minutes since 1978 and would wrap up the show with a segment called "A Few Minutes with Andy Rooney." On October 2 of this year he delivered his last essay — his 1,097th — and expressed dread at his long run ending. "I wish I could do this forever. I can't, though," he said.
Watch a clip from Rooney's final essay here:
Most Popular News
- Lourdes Leon Hits The Beach In A Bikini
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Tony Stewart Crash Update: New Video Surfaces Of Wreck That Killed Kevin Ward Jr.
- Why Sia Doesn't Show Her Face
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen