Andrej Pejic, Model Of Androgyny, Bright Star Of Fashion Week
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week kicked off Thursday in New York City, and with so many names of top designers and models buzzing, one seems to be falling on everyone's lips: Andrej Pejic.
Maybe it's because Pejic, 20, is straddling one of the most divisive lines in the fashion industry. At 6-foot-1 and rail thin, with long blonde hair, high cheekbones and an aura of mysterious sex appeal, Pejic has been causing a stir of controversy and inspiration by modeling both men's and women's clothing. Despite progressive thinking about gender in recent decades, Pejic's crossover success was unheard of — until now.
"He's just this beautiful thing that everyone wants a piece of," stylist Ken Anderson, who worked with Pejic on a German magazine cover, told Fox News.
Everyone, indeed. Pejic, whom Out magazine recently named "stylemaker of the year," was featured on 14 magazine covers in 2011 alone. He was also the face for a fashion line by designer Marc Jacobs and a runway model for the likes of John Galliano and Jean Paul Gaultier.
So which shows should you put on your agenda if you want to catch a glimpse of Pejic's rare beauty? The answer for now is "TBD." But if you do catch yourself watching the runway, whether it's a military-inspired men's line or an array of lacy lingerie, keep your eyes pealed for Pejic. He might show up anywhere.
Read more here:
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant Patrick Jagodzinski On Andi Dorfman's Pick Of Josh Murray & Who Should Be The Next Bachelor [EXCLUSIVE]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
- Pat Summerall, Iconic NFL Announcer, Dies At 82
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'