America's Allyson Felix Finally Wins Gold In 200-Meter Event
Allyson Felix, 26, of Team USA, who left the 2004 Athens and 2008 Beijing Olympics with silver medals in her individual 200m track and field event, nabbing a gold in Beijing for the 4x400m relay, finally slayed her white whale on Wednesday when she secured the gold at a running time of 21.88 seconds, .21 seconds faster than Jamaica's Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce. The bronze went to the U.S.'s Carmelita Jeter.
"I mean, finally," Felix said after the race, reports the San Francisco Gate. "It's been a long time coming. I am so overjoyed." On Saturday, Felix placed fifth in the 100m event, in which she competed as a preparation for speed and endurance for her own event.
Overall, the United States fared pretty well in Wednesday's track and field events, winning three gold medals, two silvers and two bronze. Brittney Reese won gold for the long jump and Aries Merritt won the 110m hurdles.
For more on Allyson Felix and the 2012 London Olympics:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV