American Idol: Is Ryan Seacrest Out After This Season?
The 11th season of American Idol premieres on FOX on January 18 with all of last seaon's judges — Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson — still on the panel, but could this be the last season for emcee Ryan Seacrest? Seacrest, who has been with the show ever since its first season, will finish out his $45 million mega-deal at the end of this season — a deal he is not likely to get again, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Seacrest's contract, which began in 2009, paid him $15 million a season for three seasons, but with the show's ratings remaining strong after founding judge Simon Cowell's ouster, studio execs say they could do without Seacrest and swap him for someone cheaper.
Meanwhile, Seacrest may have plenty of other options. He's already got his high-paying radio deal and a huge gig at E!, which includes an entertainment news show and producing cred on Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Rumor also has it that Seacrest, who won an Emmy for Outstanding Reality Program for Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution, will start appearing on NBC's The Today Show, eventually replacing anchor Matt Lauer, whose contract is up this year, as well.
Read more here:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV