'American Idol' Eliminates Ashthon Jones
After being saved by the judges during last week’s elimination show, Ashthon Jones was not as lucky on Thursday. The 24-year-old from Nashville was the first eliminated contestant from the Top 13. Although judges Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler seemed to like her take on Diana Ross' “When You Tell Me You Love Me," when the 30 million members of the audience voted, Jones came out on the bottom. The judges have the option of saving a contestant until the competition reaches the Top 5, but they unanimously decided to pass on Jones. “Not this time, baby, I'm sorry," Lopez told the dejected performer.
It was also a painful night for Casey Abrams, who was admitted to a local hospital for stress-induced stomach problems, his second trip in two weeks. Here's hoping he has a speedy recovery; the 12 remaining Idol hopefuls will perform again on Wednesday night. —EMILY EXTON
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV