Alec Baldwin May Host MSNBC Talk Show
Alec Baldwin is reportedly in talks with MSNBC to host his own talk show on the left-leaning political network.
MSNBC’s 10 p.m. timeslot on Friday is currently open, and the suspected spot that Baldwin would be filling, reported The Wrap.
Baldwin has openly toyed with the idea of getting into politics in the past. Back in 2009, he suggested that he’d consider running for Congress in an interview with Playboy. Then in 2011, he floated the idea of eventually running to be the mayor of New York City in an interview with The New York Times.
Although the talk show gig isn’t exactly political office, it will give the opinionated actor a solid platform from which to share his views. Furthermore, Baldwin has some experience being on the questioner's side of the interview desk, as he’s hosted NPR’s Here’s the Thing podcast since the fall of 2011.
If the rumors are true, one major area of concern for MSNBC will be Baldwin’s infamous temper. His latest public flare up came following James Gandolfini’s funeral when a Daily Mail reporter accused his wife Hilaria of texting during the proceedings. He’s also allegedly assaulted photographers and got into verbal spats with flight attendants.
Though Baldwin hasn’t said anything about the hosting job, MSNBC broke their silence with a vague response to the speculation. “We’re fans of Alec,” the network told Medialite. “But we’ve got nothing to say regarding this unconfirmed report.”
– Chelsea Regan
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango