Adrianne Palicki Cast As Wonder Woman
Adrianne Palicki, 27, who played Tyra Collette on NBC's Friday Night Lights, has been tapped by the network to portray one of the most iconic female roles in comic book lore, that of Wonder Woman and her alter ego, Diana Prince, the role made popular by Lynda Carter in the '70s. David E. Kelley will produce the series about the beautiful corporate executive-turned-crime vigilante with collaborator Bill D'Elia, who contributed to projects like Ally McBeal and Chicago Hope.
Carter, whose name is practically synonymous with the scantily clad crusader, epitomized the plight of the career woman who was trying to have it all, but conflicted about it, in William M. Marston's 1970s series, The New Adventures of Wonder Woman. Palicki, who has also received high acclaim for her roles in Fox's short-lived series, Lone Star, and the WB's Supernatural, will film the show's pilot with director Jeff Reiner, with whom she previously worked on Friday Night Lights. —KIMBERLY STEELE
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV