Adriana Lima Defends 'Crazy' Victoria's Secret Diet
The Victoria's Secret runway show is famous for sending only the most beautiful models down in the catwalk in the brand's skimpy lingerie — which means toned abs, thighs and not a flaw to be seen. Such perfection requires doubling up on workouts and a liquids-only diet, high-profile model Adriana Lima told the Daily Telegraph originally, but after backlash hit the web, Lima, 30, is now saying there was a "misunderstanding."
The exercise and diet regime leading up to the big show isn't really that intense, Lima told E! Online, arguing that the quick slim-down before the show is just part of her job. "I just have an athlete's mind and I appreciate doing this thing," she said. "It's not that I do crazy diets throughout the year. I just do it for this particular thing. After this show, I become normal again!"
Lima said she did not want to send the wrong message to young women that extreme dieting is what it takes to be beautiful. "Those teenagers out there, don't go starving yourself or only drinking liquids," she said. "Don't do that please."
Most Popular News
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Lourdes Leon Hits The Beach In A Bikini
- 'War Machine' Jon Koppenhaver, Goes On Twitter Rant Following Alleged Beating Of Girlfriend, Christy Mack
- John Denver's Aspen Home Is Back On The Market; Owners Selling For $10.75 Million
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen