Adriana Lima Defends 'Crazy' Victoria's Secret Diet
The Victoria's Secret runway show is famous for sending only the most beautiful models down in the catwalk in the brand's skimpy lingerie — which means toned abs, thighs and not a flaw to be seen. Such perfection requires doubling up on workouts and a liquids-only diet, high-profile model Adriana Lima told the Daily Telegraph originally, but after backlash hit the web, Lima, 30, is now saying there was a "misunderstanding."
The exercise and diet regime leading up to the big show isn't really that intense, Lima told E! Online, arguing that the quick slim-down before the show is just part of her job. "I just have an athlete's mind and I appreciate doing this thing," she said. "It's not that I do crazy diets throughout the year. I just do it for this particular thing. After this show, I become normal again!"
Lima said she did not want to send the wrong message to young women that extreme dieting is what it takes to be beautiful. "Those teenagers out there, don't go starving yourself or only drinking liquids," she said. "Don't do that please."
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV