Adele Denies Five-Year Hiatus Rumors
An interview in Vogue has spawned rumors that Adele's next big move — after selling a bajillion albums and winning six Grammy awards — would be to take four or five years off before returning to the music game, but Adele, 23, has officially set the record straight.
“I’ve a few days off now, and then it’s the Brit Awards here at home and then I’m straight into the studio,” Adele wrote on her web site. “BOYYAHH! 5 years? More like 5 days!”
The singer, who performed her "Record of the Year"-winning hit "Rollin' in the Deep" at Sunday's Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, had earlier implied that she would be taking a lot of time off. “I am f***ing off for four or five years," she told Vogue. "If I am constantly working, my relationships fail. So at least now I can have enough time to write a happy record. And be in love and be happy.”
Perhaps fans were jumpy about an Adele departure, given that she had to cancel two sold-out tours in October 2011 due to a vocal chord hemorrhage that if left untreated could have caused permanent damage. Now, everyone can rest easy to have her back.
Watch the video here:
You might also like:
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- ‘Man Of Steel’ Makes World Premiere In New York City
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone On The Lonely Island, 'The Wack Album'