Aaron Sorkin Dishes On Justin Timberlake
Though Justin Timberlake has long been in the public eye, his fame did him little favors when auditioning for his role in The Social Network, the much anticipated drama about the founding of Facebook and its creator, Mark Zuckerberg.
"His fame was the thing that was most working against him," screenwriter Aaron Sorkin told USA Today. "What we had was a very balanced ensemble cast, and we wondered, 'Would Justin Timberlake upset the apple cart there?'"
Sorkin added that Timberlake, who plays Napster founder Sean Parker, auditioned so well that the film's creators had to have him. "If this were the NFL draft, we're going to put the best players on the field," Sorkin said.
The Social Network premieres in theaters this Friday. Timberlake has previously appeared in The Love Guru and Alpha Dog. --ISHITA SINGH
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV