'30 Rock' Recap: Kelan Lutz, Don Cheadle 'Unwindulax,' Jack Donaghy Rallies 'Blacks For Romney'
NBC’s comedy, 30 Rock, took advantage of the upcoming presidential election in its latest episode, “Unwindulax,” which aired Thursday night.
In the episode, Jack Donaghy (Alec Baldwin) took Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) along with him to a Republican fundraiser in the hopes that Lemon’s liberal views would ruffle enough feathers to make the Republicans donate more money towards Mitt Romney’s campaign, which it did, and they did. The rest of the episode focused on Jack and Liz breaking down the political landscape in order to sway voters one way or the other. Lemon had Twilight star Kellan Lutz, as J.D. Lutz's (John Lutz) grandnephew, give a speech, thinking his popularity could make the video boom across the internet, while Jack paid Don Cheadle (playing himself in the show) $10 million to endorse Romney.
After taking into account such important factors as Tracy Jordan’s (Tracy Morgan) wild antics across the country, they realized the deciding vote in the election would be based on how the residents of Northern Florida chose to vote. And it just so happened that Jenna Maroney's (Jane Krakowski) new pop song, "Catching Crabs in Paradise," had become a hit with this crucial voting constituent, to create a fan-base of "Crab Catchers." Jenna may just be the most important figure in the upcoming election.
The episode is a two-parter, and so we'll have to wait and see just how much political influence Jenna's really has next week. 30 Rock had a bevy of stellar guest appearances, as per usual, with Cheadle and Lutz joined by Amy Sedaris and Gary Cole, who each played devoted "Crab Catchers."
30 Rock is in its seventh and final season, a shortened one (13 episodes), so make sure to tune in to the final nine episodes as one of the great television comedies (57 Primetime Emmy nominations, 14 wins) comes to a close. 30 Rock airs Thursdays on NBC at 8 p.m. EST.
For more like this:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV