2011 Grammy Awards: How Old Is Mick Jagger?
The Rolling Stones frontman once again proved that he’s as ageless as they come. Mick Jagger graced the Grammy stage for the first time ever as a performer to pay tribute to late soul legend Solomon Burke. Sporting a long black cape fit for a king, Jagger received a warm welcome from the Staples Center crowd, before tossing his accessory in favor of a much more stylish – and functional – teal jacket to perform Burke’s classic “Everybody Needs Somebody to Love.”
Part of a night that include performers of all ages (teens Jaden Smith and Justin Bieber gave way to Bob Dylan and Barbra Streisand), the 67-year-old Jagger’s performance was certainly a standout moment. Crooning alongside guitarist Raphael Saadiq, the cocksure rocker displayed some of his signature moves, strutting across the stage and calling out responses from his enthusiastic audience, which included the likes of Nicole Kidman, John Mayer, Will Smith, Cyndi Lauper and Drake.
More than 20 years after winning the Grammy’s Lifetime Achievement Award with the Rolling Stones, Jagger proved that his first Grammy performance certainly shouldn’t be his last. —EMILY EXTON
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV