Victoria Beckham 'Proud' At New York Fashion Week Show
Victoria Beckham launched her Spring/Summer 2013 daywear collection titled Victoria, Victoria Beckham, on Sunday during New York Fashion Week in the trendy Meatpacking District. "This isn't the usual second line," Beckham told the U.K.'s Telegraph of her new, youthful line. "I never wanted to compromise on the quality. It's more a case that this line is focused on daywear, which means I can put more evening looks in the Victoria Beckham range. Because it's more day wear, prices are more accessible."
By daywear, Beckham is referring strictly to day dresses, albeit apt for all hours and occasions; and by accessible, she means anything from a $700 khaki cotton-canvas dress to a $1500 silk piece. But there is no doubting that the quality of her designs is impeccable, and the taste positively timeless, ranging from sleeveless block-colored shifts in lemon and taupe to translucent bodices with silk shirts. So who is the VVB woman? "She's very cool. I want to be her, and if I can't be her, I want to hang out with her," Beckham said of her target customer, whom she envisions being involved in the art world — and maybe even blogging on the side. "It's 80s hip hop, remixed," Beckham said of the music she chose for her show. "I kept thinking, who is this girl, the Victoria, Victoria Beckham girl? What does she listen to and what does she do?"
Although Beckham, a New York Fashion Week veteran, has never shown in her home country, she expressed her delight at participating in the London 2012 Olympics' Closing Ceremony with former girl group Spice Girls (pictured above). "I'm very proud to be British, so it was an honor." There for support was husband and fellow proud Brit, David Beckham, who was seen on Saturday at Y-3's 10th Anniversary Collection show, looking handsome as ever (pictured below).
Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App For Daily News Updates here.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV