Rochambeau Goes To The Dark Side For Spring Collection
Rochambeau's Laurence Chandler and Joshua Cooper showcased their Spring/Summer 2013 menswear collection at Milk Studios in New York on Sunday, bathing their models in an eerie, mystical green light for the event. "Summer is usually associated with the beach and is synonymous with fun, youthful energy and bright, flashy colors," the duo said in a statement. "However, mythologically speaking, bodies of water have always symbolized passage to the afterlife, departed spirits, and the mysteries of death. The collection plays off of this dark flip side of the idyllic, sunny and bright beach."
Models sported harem pants, printed jumpsuits and draw-stringed wind coats, in predominantly dark colors — black, dark grey — contrasted with neutral tones like cream and silver, and the occasional pop of coral or pink. "Spring/Summer 2013 was specifically inspired by an image of a beach on the southern coast of Iceland, where in place of light and soft sand they have black beaches darkened from volcanic ash," Rochambeau explained. "In place of the common seaside landscape this beach is surrounded by otherworldly and somewhat sinister looking Basalt rock formations."
Rochambeau's shows was one of several including Public School, Antonio Azzuolo and Carlos Campos at Milk's MADE Fashion Week, attended by designer celebrities like Victoria Beckham.
Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App For Daily News Updates here.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV