Nina Skarra Paves The Way For Scandinavian Design
Norwegian designer Nina Skarra wowed on Saturday at Avery Fisher Hall with an impeccable Spring collection, inspired by her self-professed fashion icons — her mother and grandmother — and their respective styles, which combine influences of the roaring 20s and St. Tropez in the 60s. A core element of Skarra's pieces was contrast: garments combined blush pinks and ivories with cool silver and blue tones, and juxtaposed mixed fabrics to create a refined and glamorous texture. Skarra emphasized craftsmanship in feminine silk organza gowns and sheer blouses with crocheted details that paid tribute to her classic Scandinavian style of purity and simplicity.
Skarra's event also made history by being the first show to be produce by an entirely African American production team at the hands of MVC Productions Management. “My team was very strong and we are extremely excited at the shows success as a result of MVC Management Productions hard work,” said Tai Chunn, CEO of MVC. “This is a platform where the strongest eyes in the fashion world and Im excited about the upcoming Scandinavian explosion.”
Celebrities in attendance included Lil Kim, India de Beaufort, stylist June Ambrose, N.Y. Giants' William Beatty and Angela Simmons.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV