Kate Middleton Favorite Issa Debuts 'Exotic' Collection With Splash Of Color
London Fashion Week is living up to expectations. The latest to delight on the runway was Issa designer Daniella Helayel, who unveiled her kaleidoscopic spring 2013 collection inspired in a larger-than-life theme: the Garden of Eden. Infusing her floor-length gowns with vibrant colors, 70s technicolor florals, animal motifs and saturated tropical prints, Helayel delivered another feast for the eyes. “We tried to create a very exotic garden, that was more like a forest, more like a mix from the underwater to the highest skies,” Brazilian-born Helayel told Elle.
Not in attendance, although she may have wanted to be, was devotee Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, who positively glowed in a royal blue Issa dress back in 2010 during the announcement of her engagement to Prince William. Pippa Middleton, never one to be left behind, soon jumped on board that ship, and Issa has remained one of the Middleton sisters' favorite designers since. Fittingly, Helayel described the Issa woman as divine. “This woman is a goddess-type. She won’t go unnoticed. She’s not scared of getting dressed, of feeling good,” Helayel said. But fear not, Helayel insists Issa dresses are designed for all women, not just the royals or celebrities. “I still design for myself and for my friends! And all kinds of women who want to wear it and to feel good. The feel-good must be there,” Helayel said.
Front row attendees included Leigh Lezark, Harley Viera-Newton and Kelly Brook.
Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App For Daily News Updates here.
View Issa's Fall/Winter 2013 collection at Fashion Week:
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV